Opening Hours
Call Anytime by Appointment 214-809-5440  

Child Support

Getting Divorced with Kids - Child Support
According to Wikipedia, “In family law and public policy, child support (or child maintenance) is an ongoing, periodic payment made by a parent for the financial benefit of a child following the end of a marriage or other relationship. Child maintenance is paid directly or indirectly by an obligor to an obligee for the care and support of children of a relationship that has been terminated, or in some cases never existed. Often the obligor is a non-custodial parent. The obligee is typically a custodial parent, a caregiver, a guardian, or the state.

Depending on the jurisdiction, a custodial parent may pay child support to a non-custodial parent. Typically one has the same duty to pay child support irrespective of sex, so a mother is required to pay support to a father just as a father must pay a mother. In some jurisdictions where there is joint custody, the child is considered to have two custodial parents and no non-custodial parents, and a custodial parent with a higher income (obligor) may be required to pay the other custodial parent (obligee). In other jurisdictions even with legally shared residence, unless they can prove exactly equal contributions, one parent will be deemed the non-resident parent for child support and will have to pay the other parent a proportion of their income, the “resident” parent’s income or needs are not assessed.”

Why You Need Tammy for Child Support

Child support is created to aid children of paternity, modifications, divorce or other family court situations. Child support is complicated and many factors come into play in determine the correct amount for your children. Mrs. Cummings has represented many clients with variety of child support needs such as: enforcing back child support, modifying existing child support obligations, or creating or establishing new child support. Please schedule your free consultation to see how we can best assist you and your family.

Calculating Child Support

Child support payments are calculated differently depending on which state and county that has your case. You need to discuss your case with a lawyer to help you determine the correct formula and needs for your children.

When the parent charged with paying child support continues to fail to make payments or on time payments, you, an attorney or the state can file a contempt enforcement actions on an order. Tammy has have handled many contempt and enforcement cases. We represent both the parties pursuing judgments and parties defending against them.

To schedule your FREE attorney consult, Contact Tammy to discuss your specific needs.

Attorney Tammy Cummings

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Phone (required)

Your Address

Brief description of your legal issue

Are You Human:
What is -12+7=? 

Recommended Reading